Dry out of ideas for birthday presents? Farewells? Celebrations? Just general weekday nights out? We’ve got just the thing in mind for you then. Once a fortnight, Bourne & Hollingsworth Buildings will be hosting boozy evenings replete with spirit tasting and exploration. For the summer series of ‘The Handbook’, B&H have called upon respected industry doyens to spill the drinks beans about the distinctive flavours and fascinating backgrounds of their respective drinks. From the likes of artisan Cyder to Italian Grappa, it makes for an interesting Tuesday evening — and surely beats any episode of Strictly Come Dancing.
Guests will be commence the evening by stepping into the brand new B&H kitchen for a shrewd tasting, then proceed to the atmospheric subterranean club room Below & Hidden for cocktail making, before finally returning to the airy bar and restaurant area for boozy contemplation over dinner if they so wish.
Long gone are the days at University sitting in boring lectures and tutorials— this type of learning comes with the perks of not only gaining a deeper knowledge of the studied spirits, but you get to have a few tipples in between. Sounds fine to us.
Please see the upcoming dates below:
- Spirit of Martinique – Trois Rivieres – 24th May 2016
- Brooks & Conquest – Putting the Y back in Cyder – 7th June 2016
- World of Whiskey – Wild West to the Far East – 21st June 2016
- Spirit of Mexico – Fortaleza Tequila – 5th July 2016
- Aqua Vitae – Chartreuse and the origins of Alcohol – 19th July 2016
- Spirit of Italy – Grappa Masterclass with Nardi Grappa – 2nd August 2016
- Best of British Gin – Plymouth Gin – 16th August 2016
Tickets are available here and are £30 for the tasting evening and include three cocktails and a flight of tasters
Sessions running at 6:30pm,7:30pm & 8:30pm
Bourne & Hollingsworth Buildings, 42 Northampton Road, London EC1R 0HU